Baker Hughes has an immediate opening for a Senior Drilling Engineer based in Aberdeen
Baker Hughes serves the worldwide oil and natural gas industry with reservoir consulting and products and services for drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production. We are a leading provider of high-performance technology that creates value from oil and gas reservoirs. Virtually every product and service we provide is designed to lower costs, reduce risk or improve productivity during activities directly related to hydrocarbon extraction, advancing reservoir performance.
Baker Hughes operates in over 90 countries serving independent, international and national oil companies. Our service network is organized into 23 geomarkets operating in 9 regions and 2 hemispheres.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Design and planning of wells for clients in diverse geographical and environmental areas, with diverse well types:
· Carry out all aspects of well design including casing design, hydraulics, wellpath planning, torque and drag.
· Contribute to conceptual field development design in own discipline, while using knowledge of technical elements of other disciplines which contribute to field development.
· Develop cost and time estimates.
· Recommend the latest technology and apply sound engineering practices
· Take part in risk assessments.
· Prepare drilling programmes, ensuring conformance to policies and guidelines and the requirements of local government regulations.
· Where required, liaise with specialist contractors and suppliers, such as cement companies or suppliers of drilling fluids.
· Assist in the mentoring, coaching and development of less experienced engineers.
· Thorough knowledge of drilling equipment
· Thorough knowledge of drilling operations activities,ability to advise on optimum operational practices to avoid problems and be cost effective and safe.
· Ability to clearly assess operational risks
· Fully conversant with capabilities in other disciplines, able to contribute actively to integrated studies
· Knowledge of industry accepted stages of field development planning
· Sound knowledge of drilling related software (Landmark suite) for well design
· Abreast of new technology in own discipline
· Demonstrated ability to compile technical reports, and to present data, interpretations, and reports to clients.
· Ability to work independently on well design tasks
· Good team player, open and keen to teach as well as to learn from others
· Ability to lead/ manage single discipline projects or more complex projects
· Knowledge of specialised skills would be beneficial, such as underbalanced drilling, TTRD, deep water drilling, coalbed methane/ CO2/ gas storage methods.
· Thorough understanding of the commercial and contractual requirements to execute a drilling program.
· Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent with operational experience in drilling, preferably with an operator.
· Some experience in conceptual/ non-operational role, for example solution proposals.