Quality Manager - Aberdeen
This job requisition has now been filled. Please use our search tool above to search for more opportunities at Baker Hughes.
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Responsible for ensuring the Supply Chain internal and external quality requirements are met.
Responsible for the Quality Assurance and Quality Control departments.
Responsible for the UK Metals Manufacturing Quality Management Systems, Quality requirements for customer orders, QC requirements for manufacturing as well as ensuring quality standards are achieved.
Responsible for the performance and effectiveness of the Quality Management System in Manufacturing.
Responsible for promoting awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation
- Responsible for the day to day management, administration, planning and supervision of the QA and QC departments/employees.
- Responsible for the implementation and adherence of HS&E policies, procedures and initiatives within the QA and QC departments
- Responsible for budgetary requirements and planning of the QA and QC functions and adherence to pre-approved plans.
- Responsible for customer order quality requirements
- Responsible for the performance and effectiveness of the Quality Management System in Manufacturing against regulatory, statutory and customer requirements, reporting results to the Plant Leadership Team and Quality Director
- Responsible for the achievement of QA/QC requirements, including material certification and documentation, for customer orders
- Responsible for process improvements across the QA and QC functions as well as contributing to the process improvements through the manufacturing function.
- Responsible for the reviewing of working practices within the QA and QC departments including initiating and implementing any changes to improve departmental processes.
- Responsible for ensuring the Quality Management System is fit for purpose with regard to supplier quality, fulfilling the role of the QMS Management Representative for the UK metal manufacturing facilities
- Responsible for promoting awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation
- Responsible for the achievement of audit plans (internally and externally)
- Day to day supervision and management of staff, including work allocation and planning, allocation and pre approval of overtime as and when required, payroll approvals, leave requests, absence management, disciplinary and grievance investigations, HSE investigations, employee development, training and performance discussions and goal setting
- Responsible for ensuring the QA and QC functions and all it’s employees follow all work rules, procedures, processes, working standards and company compliance requirements.
- Responsible for fulfilling individual goals and objectives as well as contributing to the goals and objectives of the team.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful quality standards are achieved in relation to supplier quality in conjunction with the Supplier Quality Group
- Work with other departments in relation to the selection of suppliers and ensuring supplier qualification and certifications are audited and assesses
- Adhere to all HS&E policies, actively being a role model in a leadership position
- Special projects as assigned.
- Any other duties as required
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- QA Auditor Qualification would be beneficial.
- Six Sigma green belt qualifications would be beneficial
- Experience of providing quality assurance/quality inspection services within a supply chain service (possibly gained over a 10 year period).
- Experience of managing a department/function including the management of employees
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of working with suppliers in relation to the selection of suppliers for manufacturing
- Experience of evaluating supplier performance
- Experience of managing Customer QA/QC requirements.
- Experience of managing and coordinating a quality management system
- Experience of managing and coordinating inspection requirements
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of implementing/maintaining quality standards in relation to ISO 9001 and API Q1 systems would be beneficial
- Experience of working with third parties in relation to quality requirements, including customers, suppliers and external bodies
- Experience of managing and implementing continual improvement processes.
- Project Management Experience in relation to process improvements and quality standards
- Previous experience of undertaking management responsibilities in relation to the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) of employees
- Six Sigma experience would be beneficial.
- An understanding of ISO 9001, 14001 and API Q1 quality systems.
- Knowledge of continual improvement processes.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of working with NDT, material treatment processes
- Management Skills in relation to being able to manage an entire function within a manufacturing environment
- Skills in working with third parties and suppliers
- Skills in the supervision and management of a large team of employees.
- Skills in mentoring, coaching and developing others
- Skills in the ability to lead and motivate both immediate and dispersed teams and the ability to be pro active
- Ability to work in a team (both own function and across other functional teams) as well as being able to work on own initiative
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Planning and Organisational skills
- Skilled in identifying process improvements and implementing continual improvement requirements
- Skills in delegating and allocating workload
- Ability to undertake supplier selections and evaluations
- Skills in undertaking root cause analysis
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiating skills
- Diplomacy and negotiating skills
- Analytical skills
- Auditing skills (internal/external)
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Flexible in their approach and willing to learn and develop
- Skilled in the use of SAP and Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work safely and ensure others work safely
- Skills in the use of SAP would be beneficial.
- Skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages, including e-mail.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.