Area Sales Manager - Sugar Land
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has several openings for Area Sales Managers for our Downstream Chemicals division in Texas City, TX, Sweeny, TX, Houston, TX, New Orleans, LA, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA, Philadelphia, PA, Chicago, IL, Tulsa, OK, Detroit, MI, Denver, CO, and Billings, MT.
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement sales strategies for the area
- Assist with the development of short and long range sales goals
- Lead and develop a team of site managers, account representatives and chemical technicians
- Ensure compliance with Sales and Service Standards at multiple key customer accounts
- Engage and communicate with plant management at customer facilities
- Manages existing refining site teams for multiple clients in the area
- Identifies and closes new sales growth opportunities
- Leads and oversees activities within assigned accounts
- Leads and develops team of site managers, account representatives and chemical technicians
- Interfaces across the internal organization
- Builds strong relationships with key customers through value-selling and entertainment
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of process chemical treatment experience within a refinery or 5+ years of experience in a refinery engineering position
- 5+ years Downstream industrial sales
- Strong understanding of demulsification, corrosion control, fouling control, water treatment and finished fuel additives
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Expertise in sales and marketing
- Strong at building customer relationships at all levels of customer organization
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or Sciences field preferred
- 5+ years of people management / development experience preferred
- Excellent financial management skills and / or P&L management experience
- On call position
- As needed field support
- Company car provided
- Company computer provided
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.