Quality Specialist - Minot ND - Minot
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Quality Specialist at our facility in Minot, ND. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
This person will be a key member of the Quality Team for Drilling Systems. He/she will apply and improve the Quality Control processes related to the re-manufacturing of downhole tools. He/she will work closely with outside vendors in the manufacturing and repair of inventory items ensuring compliance with Baker Hughes Quality standards.
- Responsible for the reporting of all quality KPI’s for the Minot, ND Facility.
- Fully support the QMS by reviewing documents, assuring alignment to industry and Baker Hughes standards
- Responsible for the scheduling and control of all calibrated equipment within the facility.
- Demonstrate project management best practices and use of quality management tools and handle special projects as required
- Conducting all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and company core values
- Knowledge of testing and manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Proficient in the interpretation of Engineering drawing and customer requirements and specifications.
- May provide direction and training to less senior inspectors.
- Responsible for non-conformance reports and assures that manufactured units meet quality specifications, procedures and customer requirements.
- Implements corrective action and preventive measures to ensure quality practices are in place in the Re-manufacturing processes.
- Associate’s Degree with 3+ years of Quality or Reliability experience
- In depth knowledge of industry quality standards ISO or API
- Understanding of business processes and industry standards
- Skills in quality control and calibration
- Good analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Competency in SAP
- Competency in Mini Tab 17
- Knowledge of BHI quality metrics and QMS
- Understanding of business processes, industry standards, and BHI technologies
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Successful candidate will be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.