Spooler Bander (Artificial Lift Systems) – Minot ND - Minot
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Spooler Bander to be based out of Minot, ND. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
- Under general supervision is responsible for spooling and banding electrical power cable utilized on ESP systems in coordinated effort and procedure with installation engineer and rig operators.
- Spools cable onto cable reel as the tubing is being pulled out of the well. Bands cable onto tubing as the down unit and tubing are being run into the well.
- Maintains cable service truck and trailer, performs daily inspections to ensure compliance with DOT regulations. May be called upon to assist with training new Cable Installation employees.
- Proper completion of DOT log books, DOT inspection forms, and turn in for office records. Proficiently performs equipment lay downs as requested by customers and completes paperwork.
- Completes daily time sheet. Conducts field analysis and tests cable strings after they have come out of the well.
- The ability to collect information during testing and inspection to provide customers with recommendations on equipment or cable status.
- Quickly adjusts to changing job assignments/requirements and the flexibility to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- Will be required to lay down esp equipment when required
- Assist field specialist on location as required
- Ability to perform frequent travel in the field
- Ability to be on call 24/7
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, must be able to obtain CDL with 30 days of employment
- High School Diploma with a Mechanical or Electrical Background
- Candidates must be team players
- Previous experience in the oil Field
- Minimum 2 year Technical Degree preferred
- Previous experience working with Electrical Submersible Pumps
- CDL – Class A is preferred
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.