All jobs in - All locations
Electronic Test Technologist - Calgary AB - Calgary
Full Time Regular
About this Job
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for an Electronic Test Technologist in our 90th Avenue SE, Calgary, AB location. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Verify functionality of tool electronics systems and assemblies before use.
- Troubleshoot systems and assemblies, including failure analysis and reporting, and propose corrective actions to prevent future recurrences.
- Investigate Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) and propose corrective actions to prevent future recurrences.
- Manage equipment assignment using the BHI material management system.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing Engineering production staff.
- Assemble and test new electronics systems.
- Document procedures for electrical assembly, testing and troubleshooting.
- Develop appropriate spares kits for field support.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Recognized certificate in Electronics Engineering Technology, or equivalent.
- 2 - 5 years of directly related work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure with others in a complementary manner and positive Can-Do attitude.
- Attention to detail in work performed, and in written and verbal communication.
- Understanding and appreciation for mission-critical electronics operating in harsh environments.
- Competent using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Software development experience (Windows and/or embedded firmware)
- Mechanical CAD experience (e.g., Autodesk, AutoCAD, Altium)
- Experience with product data management, manufacturing management and ERP-type software applications.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advanced Reservoir Performance. The company’s 58,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes’ technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production, and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes’ century-long history, visit http://www.bakerhughes.com/.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.