Research and Development Scientist - Calgary Alberta - Calgary
Calgary, Alberta T2C 2S8
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Research and Development Scientist to join our Pipeline Inspections Technology team based out of our Calgary, Alberta location. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Pipeline Inspection Services Group (a part of the Process & Pipeline Services Division, or PPS), is currently hiring multiple positions at the Technology Center in Calgary, Alberta. PPS is embarking on a program of investment in research and development to further enhance our position as a market leader in innovative pipeline integrity solutions. Successful applicants will be joining a highly skilled, experienced, dedicated and diverse team of professionals at an exciting time as they develop the next generation of game changing technologies.
As part of the Global Baker Hughes Technology organization, PPS has access to and collaborates with our world-class technology and education centers around the globe.
The successful candidate will be contributing and assisting in planning and conducting research engineering projects involving tool data acquired from the Baker Hughes Pipeline Inspections and Integrity tools. Projects include areas such as signal detection, sizing algorithms and optimization.
- Develop new or optimize existing algorithms for identification and estimation of detected features
- Integrating data from new sensor technologies into analysis process
- Schedule and prioritize multiple projects
- Ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Develop automated techniques as per standard process
- Ensure proper documentation is maintained
- Perform projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Physics, Math or equivalent
- 1 + years of experience in a R&D environment or related fields
- Computer programming skills and experience with MATLAB, C, C++, or R or other mathematical software experience
- Analytical skills, modeling skills and statistical knowledge
- Effective communication skills verbally along with technical writing and documentation experience
- Candidate with a Master’s degree in related field and experience will be an asset
- Experience with MATLAB or other mathematical software experience preferred
- Previous project management experience
- Experience in regression and optimization, image processing or image analysis is desirable
- Pipeline inspection experience
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship.
With over 30 years of experience, Baker Hughes’ in-line inspection (ILI) services help operators meet pipeline integrity program objectives onshore or offshore, even in difficult-to-inspect pipelines. PPS pipeline precommissioning services correctly prepares pipelines before going into service, allowing operators to meet regulatory obligations.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.